Become a part of the Peugeot Enthusiasts Group today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

Peugeot 206 USA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 minnesotan

minnesotan

Peugeot Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

I am still searching for a Peugeot and encountered this vehicle. Owner claims it can be registered in the USA so it sounds like an intriguing deal. I am currently the highest bidder for it so hopefully, I'll win!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item35bbb2ed9f

#2 andrethx

andrethx

Peugeot Enthusiast

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

this car has been discussed on peugeot-l (yahoo list) extensively, where the owner is a member. i don't remember the story of how this car got in the US, maybe it was seized by the DEA and auctioned? anyhow, the owner is moving to europe, hence the sale.

pros: 206 is a classic, great hot hatch that we couldn't get in the US. owner is a real peugeot nut so i'm sure he's kept it as well as can be expected.
cons: many -- parts are obtainable, but be prepared to pay lots in shipping for them. possible registration hassle, depending on how difficult your state is about emissions, etc. i live in CA so i can only look at this car longingly...Posted Image

andré

86 505 GL 4sp auto

-------------------
02 VW Jetta wagon
01 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

#3 minnesotan

minnesotan

Peugeot Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hi Andre!

Would you have the link to that Yahoo Discussion? I am curious as for what the owner has to say. It has been on sale since summer which raises an eyebrow...however, I am up for a challenge.

In Minnesota, we don't have emissions or vehicle safety inspections.

#4 andrethx

andrethx

Peugeot Enthusiast

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

from the peugeot-l introduction:

New subscribers are welcome to post an introduction giving their background and interest in Peugeots.

One must be subscribed to receive list emails, read the posts on the web, or to post to the list. To subscribe, send an email to:

peugeot-L-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

in that initial email. you probably want to give your name, why you want to join ("i own a peugeot!") and where you heard about the group ("mad props to 505turbo.com!"). once you are a member, you will get lots of emails from the group (i.e., whenever anyone posts) but you can change your settings to get a daily summary instead if that's what you prefer. i get the daily summary, plus i read the posts on the web from time to time.

also, some of our forum members here on 505turbo.com have set up a facebook group, search for "peugeot 505 of north america" and send a message to the administrator (fernando) with similar info, asking to join.

between this forum, peugeot-l and the facebook group, you should be sick of peugeots in no time...Posted Image

andré

86 505 GL 4sp auto

-------------------
02 VW Jetta wagon
01 Ford Explorer Sport Trac