Become a part of the Peugeot Enthusiasts Group today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

Gasket Set Pictures

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 billbranch

billbranch

Peugeot Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:08 PM

#1 Side by Side of Peugeot and Talbot head gasket
#2 Side by Side of Peugeot (metal) and Talbot exhaust manifold gasket
#3 Remainder of gaskets in packet, valve cover gasket is cork

Attached Files

'91 505 SW8 Turbo
'91 405S
'91 405S
'89 505S V6
'89 Citroën CX Turbo 2 Gti

#2 Toni Lindroos

Toni Lindroos

Peugeot Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:59 AM

Great find. Here are some differencies I noticed:

Does the Talbot gasket have a silicone bed in the other side like Peugeot's? Talbot's gasket has a region that has been cutted off, near the timing chain end (that really doesn't matter).

The other end of the exhaust gasket is a bit different (doesn't matter, N9T exhaust manifold just has one more fixing point). One of the bolt holes doesn't seem to be larger than the others (for the exhaust manifold guide sleeve, second from right at the bottom), so you'll have to increase the size of that hole or stop using the guide sleeve. Luckily the Talbot gasket has metallic reinforcement rings around the exhaust holes, so it might last even if doesn't have full metallic layers like Peugeot's?

Here are some pictures that I took when I replaced the head gasket of my white Turbo:

http://peugeot505.in...age=1&id=images (4 pages, detailed pictures comparing the original and the Chrysler gasket are on pages 2-4 )

I replaced the old gasket (made originally for the Chrysler 180 and/or 2 litre, I think) with original Peugeot gasket. In my case the Chrysler gasket also had smaller cylinders holes (can be seen from the pictures) but the Talbot gasket seems to have bigger holes just like Peugeot's.
3 x 1985 505 Turbo Injection + 1985 505 GRE <http://peugeot505.info>

#3 august

august

Peugeot Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:02 PM

thanks for posting the pictures bill.. i should edit my post in the general area.

it still amazes me that nobody can seem to make a N9T cylinder head gasket with truly "CIRCULAR" holes.

#4 Guest_OB6D_*

Guest_OB6D_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:12 AM

Picture on the right, strikes me as a Matra Murena set. Just bought me a whole set of those. The one with the two holes is for exhaust, the one with the oval hole, for the carb.

Picture in the middle, exhaust gasket on top, very Matra Murena alike.

Read somewhere on this forum that the exhaust mani gasket with the metal wouldn't be available no more. But i ordered me a new one at a Peugeot dealer [Holland] a few months ago, no problem. Expensive one though. Something like 75$.