JunktionFET

Jeep CJ7 with an "official" XD2?

http://www.4-the-love-of-jeeps.com/1980-cj7-peugeot-diesel.html

Stumbled upon this... It's a 1980 CJ7 (from the AMC era) with what seems to be non-homebrew engine swap to a Roto-Diesel XD2. Note that the timing cover is not what you'd find in a 504 or 505 as it's missing the fan hub. Pretty cool.

interesting! did some quick googling and found a video of this vehicle on youtube. in the video, you can see the sticker the owner alludes to -- it's a california ARB sticker, which mentions "zeitgeist diesel applications" in placerville, california. about the only reference i could find to that company is this one, which states that the company did diesel conversions using peugeot engines (!?!). according to the california secretary of state website, the company is not currently in business...

zeitgeistdiesel_zps42e2c59b.jpg

andré

That's pretty cool. I wonder how many other converted CJ7s are floating around out there? I'd love to get my hands on one. Apparently back in the early 60s you could get the CJ5 with a Perkins 3.2 liter 4 cylinder diesel from the factory, though there were only a couple hundred ever produced.

A Jeep CJ or Wrangler with a Peugeot XD motor is on my list of would-be-cool projects. Maybe someday I'd endeavor such a project.

Is it Sacrilege that I'd be tempted to take the diesel 4x4 stuff mated to the Jeep diesel to make a Dangel? :D

I found this clip when I was searching all things Diesel Peugeot - cool indeed.

Rabin