State Automotive

Wanted : 1987 505 turbo intake tube

Hi, new to the forum. In search of the intake tube that attaches to the turbo on the N9te engine. My customer is looking for one in the best shape possible so any photos are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've got a really nice one that I'll post pictures of later.  Really minty as it was replaced just before I bought the car and only had maybe 10K km before it got parted out.

Rabin

I am pretty sure that  I have a new-old-stock (NOS) in the bag.  I'd have to check to make sure.  $150 US, with probably around $6 shipping US Priority Mail.  Worldwide variable but reasonable.

I hate to part with stuff I might need down the road, so I am stubborn on the price.  I have used ones as backups as well which I will keep, so I am probably covered if need be.

Bill

I'd go with Bill's for $150 - I'm in same boat as Bill, but $125 is what I would want for my best used one simply because that's about how much it would be to fabricate a replacement out of aluminum tubing and silicone connectors last time I priced it out.

Rabin

14 hours ago, Bean said:

...that's about how much it would be to fabricate a replacement out of aluminum tubing and silicone connectors last time I priced it out.

Rabin

these guys in france do just that, and rabin's right, they charge just about that -- US$112 as i'm writing this, i'm sure shipping brings it up to $125 or more.

andre

Great link Andre - I hadn't checked there in a while and didn't know they were reproducing them in silicone.

A while back a french 505 forum did a group buy/order of a custom intake tube but I wasn't fond of the design.

This new design is much better.   :)

Rabin

Fantastic link! Thank you very much. I'm going to ask my customer if he'd like the aftermarket. I think he's more an original parts guy if we can help it so bill, I may be reaching out to you as well when I hear from my customer. Thank you all again for your help. Much appreciated

BTW, it not really a Peugeot part, it's Bosch. Look for BMW 528E for the intake tube. Orientation of the fittings are different but manageable. That goes for all of the injection and ignition system. Just Google the Bosch number.