Alfanatiker

Help! Terrible knocking sound probably from my gearbox

Square drive is an 8mm square.  The tool is available from both Mac and Snap On in North America, but you can also use 8mm (5/16") square metal rod as the bit.  I've also ground good 10.9 rated bolts to a square end to work as the adapter.

Rabin

Ouch.  I was worried it would be no oil - that's the only source of failure I've ever seen for these transmissions.  (Since no one really does big HP in these cars.)

Sourcing a good used box is your best option now - hopefully you've been able to source one.

Rabin

New question... Could I use a BA7/5 from anything? Or is it some differences on them?
A guy I know told me that it could be some differences on the input shaft between the engines. And that I probably needed a box ment for NA diesel...

BA7/5 should work from anything - but you would need to swap the bellhousing from your transmission.

Not sure about the input shaft - At most I would think there might be a spline count difference, but if there is a difference you would just need to use the disk meant for the transmission you get.  Length and pilot shaft bearing would also need to be measured to make sure.

Rabin