dkfrizzell

WTB: 505 TD Manual flywheel

Hello all.. I'm looking for a manual transmission flywheel for my XD3T ('85 505 TD). Anyone out there have one they're willing to part with?  And does anyone know if these are interchangeable with any other (8 bolt) flywheel? 

Thanks!
Dave

Hi Dave,

Do you have access to the flywheel - pictures might help someone identify it better if they can see it.

There's a gentleman (Larry) that is advertising a Peugeot package and he *might* have a flywheel in the parts lot. 

My xd3t 5sp flywheel is functional in the car so no help there.  :)

BTW:  Is something wrong with yours?  Or are you doing a 5sp swap into an auto?

I'd also recommend calling Mike Aube or Brian Holm up to discuss options - they might even have a flywheel.

Rabin

Hey Rabin,

I did get this sorted out.  I used an online junkyard search page (http://www.car-part.com/) and actually found the correct flywheel from a salvage yard in NJ!

The short version of the story is I run an XD3T in my 62 Land Rover.  I had it mated to the original Land Rover 4 speed, then I thought it might be interesting to install an automatic (ZF 4HP22 from a Discovery), which turned out to not be not such a good idea.  Now I'm going back to a manual using a R380 5 speed from a Defender. Problem was I had 'lost' my manual flywheel.  

Alas, the magic of the internet saved me and I now have the correct flywheel :)

Thanks!

Dave

How are you getting the R380 to mate up to the XD3T?

Glad you found one!  Pretty rare for a yard to be still parting one of these out!  Fantastic luck!

Rabin

Rare, indeed. I was starting to get a little nervous. All the usual suspects didn't have one.  I still can't believe I found it on there. 

Fit shouldn't be a problem as (I think!!) the Series 4 speed, the LT77, and R380 Stumpy all share the same bellhousing bolt pattern.  The R380 should be here next week.. will find out if I'm right soon enough :)

Dave