Become a part of the Peugeot Enthusiasts Group today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

2 505 Turbo parts cars for sale

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bryancohnracing

bryancohnracing

Peugeot Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:racing, my wife and daughter. not in that order! ok, some days in that order!

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

I have 2 505 Turbo's for sale. Here are the details:

Car 1:
1987 505 Turbo 5spd. Red, ex SCCA racecar. Owned by Pratt Cole and Gary Brown. Top 5 finishes at the SCCA Runoffs in 1988 and 1989. Has been sitting for many years, engine out, dash removed, interior mostly gutted for conversion to full on racecar. Straight body.
The good: gearbox, diff, all glass, body (more or less, it was a racecar after all!)
The bad: Engine is MIA. Call for more details.
This car has been sitting for too long and needs a happy home.

Car 2:
1986 or 1987 505 Turbo Auto. Silver. Street car with bad slushbox. Might move on its own enough to load on a trailer. Will run with a new battery and was on the road up till the tranny died. Both right doors damaged from a run in with a truck and a ditch.
Fix me up and get me back on the road!

Spares:
-2 extra grilles
-4 extra headlight assys
-1 extra rear taillight assy (RH if memory serves)
-1 NOS "altitude sensor" in the original box
-1 new, aftermarket, replacement tie rod end
-1 remanufactured Paris-Rhone alternator
-1 set aftermarket rear brake pads
-2 strut rebuild kits p/n 5202-36 - Google that info or look on ebay to see what these are
-2 spare instrument clusters
-4 spare 15 inch alloys (might be 6, can't recall)

I bought these with the intent of building one good racecar out of the two cars and having a nice stock of spares. Life changes are going to get in the way for quite a while so instead of them sitting for a few more years they need to find good homes where they'll get used/cared for properly.

Photos as hosted by Mike Halley's website: http://realautosport...g505/index.html

Both cars are located in the Tulsa area. I live in El Dorado KS, near Wichita and can facilitate pick up.
Best Offer on one or both. Spares go with the either car or both cars. Will not split spares. Sorry.

Bryan 316 452 5033 or bryancohnracing "at" yahoo "dot" com
Bryan Cohn
92 Mazda Miata Race Car, 2011 NASA MW PTE Champion! 5 wins, 2 seconds, 1 track record.
86 505 Turbo Track Car, making its debut in 2012. Delayed due to being busy with the Miata.
05 Subaru Baja, Tow Vehicle and Wife's Daily Driver
08 Volvo C30, My Current Daily Driver
Tow Dolly

#2 nick@nite

nick@nite

Peugeot Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Interests:European Cars, Skydiving, Djing,

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:49 AM

My dad says since Pratt Cole and the 5 others protested him and Peter Farrell @ Sebring when they're car was was totally legal. Pissed Peter Farrell and my father off protesting them. After the inspection thats when they set the boost for 16 PSI, melted the brakes, took them 12 minutes to do a brake job during the race and get back on the track. By the end of the race the rear control arms were wasted. Rightside headlight was smashed and he could hardly see. My father finished 6th and got the $15,000 from Peugeot, when they loaded up the car onto the trailor the rear control arm ended up breaking. My father celabrated that night in the parking lot with his rental Mustang. He was doing doughnuts in the parking lot drunk and got kicked out....
86' 505T GL 5-speed
87' 505T #145 racecar
92' Golf now GTI
95' Audi 90 quattro, Winter beater

#3 norcal505

norcal505

chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

^^ haha thats hilarious...redneck antics :D

505sig.jpg

1983 Peugeot 505 STI XN6 Aero pkg | 1991 BMW 318i/4 E30 | 1992 Volvo 240DL Wagon

#4 bryancohnracing

bryancohnracing

Peugeot Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:racing, my wife and daughter. not in that order! ok, some days in that order!

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:09 AM

Well, Since there has been no play I guess I'll end up keeping them. Bought a tow dolly yesterday to haul them to storage in St. Louis (where I still have shop space). If I get lucky I might get a few weekends of work in over the winter and a few during the racing season in 2010. If all goes to plan the family plans to move back to St. Louis by the end of 2010 and then work can start in earnest. Since we'll be debt free by then life will be good!

BTW, Farrell was a cheatin' MoFo at every turn. There is a reason guys like him dropped off the face of the earth. Manufacturers don't like cheats, simple as that.

If I had the $$$ I'd buy that 505 over on race-cars.com Price dropped to $4500. I bet $3000 would take it home.
Bryan Cohn
92 Mazda Miata Race Car, 2011 NASA MW PTE Champion! 5 wins, 2 seconds, 1 track record.
86 505 Turbo Track Car, making its debut in 2012. Delayed due to being busy with the Miata.
05 Subaru Baja, Tow Vehicle and Wife's Daily Driver
08 Volvo C30, My Current Daily Driver
Tow Dolly

#5 norcal505

norcal505

chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

since you've had a change in heart (I'm guessing), would you mind selling a red front air dam individually? if so, let me know!

505sig.jpg

1983 Peugeot 505 STI XN6 Aero pkg | 1991 BMW 318i/4 E30 | 1992 Volvo 240DL Wagon